On the Cosmos


I live at the heart of a single, unique Element, the Centre of the universe and present in each part of it: personal love and cosmic Power.
To attain to him and become merged into his life I have before me the entire universe with its noble struggles, its impassioned quests, its myriad of souls to be healed and made perfect. I can and I must throw myself into the thick of the human endeavor, and with no stopping for breath. For the more fully I play my part and the more I bring my efforts to bear on the whole surface of reality, the more also will I attain to Christ and cling close to him.

-Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, SJ. Christ in the World of Matter. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Failure: Part II

Ex Machina: Pure Postmodern Filmmaking

The Best of the 90s: Songs