Wisdom From and To Myself?


Every once and awhile I feel the need to jot down a few notes to myself to remind me of things that I often overlook, things that, though simple, can have profound effects on my relationships, energy, and spirit. I'll include a few below.
  • God's love is what compels us to love him. We find the gift eternally given, eternally first.
  • If your mind is too full to pray, do. A prayer in action is worth more than words.
  • We are often afraid of our own shadows, though God never is.
  • Learn to gaze into the wounds of your soul and you will find the compassion of Christ. 
  • Never let the song within you die.
  • Remember to Praise as soon as you rise, and let your last words before sleep be given in thanks.
  • The only wrong way to pray is to do so self-consciously. Or, by adding a "Father" or "Father God" every other word.
  • Remember to bow in front of the altar to avoid the glare from that elderly Filipina woman during daily mass.
  • You are a handiwork, beautiful in your potential to shine radiantly to all around you. You sin when you do not acknowledge yourself thus.
  • We can experience healing when we confront the hurts. 
  • It's never a bad time to say "I love you."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Failure: Part II

Ex Machina: Pure Postmodern Filmmaking

The Best of the 90s: Songs