Yield



When the waves rush in and
I cannot take the fall that
Once broke through feeble bricks and
Nearly left me slain, fallen
Subject to a torrent of temptation,
And wracked with guilt a hundred times.

When that storm hits, you see
I brace myself for another
Gust of grace, that furious force
That allows me to stand and
See a new horizon, with lines
Drawn anew in the morning.

I am weak to withstand a new
Onslaught of love, that wondrous
Energy that fuels my heart, its
Tendrils trailing from infinite skies,
Passed beyond eons of knowledge:
Yes, enough to get me past the pain.

So I yield anew to this day,
Wondering when you'll come again
And confident of new flames
Kindled in depths once unspeakable
Once open pits of despair now that
Great cavern of hope that wells within.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Failure: Part II

Ex Machina: Pure Postmodern Filmmaking

The Best of the 90s: Songs