Why Weep

Why weep when there will be nothing
But hard ground to receive the tears?
Salt remains after water returns to the sky, an
Offering to the Creator yet again, but bitter.

In the lands where His son walked
There are tears again, and blood.
In the lands of many more
There are tears again, and smoke.

Why weep when the tears cannot nourish
The earth and its fruit, the grass
And the life that blooms without me
They do not feel my grief, but still grow.

I've made this offering before
When a devil snuffed out lives in a school,
In a church, In a restaurant, In a theater,
But also down the street, in a blue uniform.

Here, too, the tears cannot nourish
For nothing grows out of the asphalt,
Yet He whispers for me to let them fall
I obey, I shudder, and they do.

And so the Mountain Spirits dance around,
Their healing from ages long gone.
Creator's Mother looks down, and smiles
The snake destroyed beneath her heel.

This is why I weep: I see those
Who Have taken the , Last, Long Journey
Lifted In His Body, His Blood,
Broken and Shared For All.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ex Machina: Pure Postmodern Filmmaking

On Failure: Part II

The Best of the 90s: Songs