The Poem from the Hospital

In the middle of the night
When dreams suspend belief
In the shadows of death's fright
I saw you.

You wailed my name aloud
Before your arms stretched wide
With hospital gown a shroud
I saw you.

The whirlpool of death's shame
Your tyranny so clear
Mind breaking every frame
I saw you.

And grace imbues the whole
Sick with grief you wept
Your majesty so bold
I saw you.

Mistook your "I" for mine
They locked you in that room
Shoved pills in every time
I saw you.

Naked you crawled in mourning
Alive you were indeed
The yoke lifted soaring
I saw you.

But me you did not trust
You kept your mind's old game
And played the part to dust, and
I saw you.

The little ones did say
Reminding you every night
The childlike way to pray,
I saw you.

My father raises life
Adopted now you he claims
Your broken tattered strife
I saw you.

My shoulders are enough
You've suffered here and far
No road will be too rough, for
I saw you.

And wind whispers quiet now
That peace surpassing all
Time shrinks to still the hour
I saw you.

I loved you beyond time
I love you even here
I will love your whispered mime.

I love you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Failure: Part II

Ex Machina: Pure Postmodern Filmmaking

The Best of the 90s: Songs