On the Bandwagon

I find it necessary to reflect on my relationship with the sporting world, especially as Facebook and the Twitterverse blow up with the praises of the San Francisco Giants.

Don't get me wrong. I love San Francisco. It is my favorite city on earth, ahead of Madrid, Washington D.C., Barcelona, London, and Paris. Sports are about engaging in the tribal struggles that we humans have always needed to vent our aggression. All allegiances are about sticking through the tough times and celebrating the good. For that, I appreciate all my friends. But I must say, because I was brought into this world on the other side of the Bay, I'm going to have to agree with this guy.


Yes, there's no such thing as a bandwagon fan in the Raider Nation. And thank the Lord for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Failure: Part II

Ex Machina: Pure Postmodern Filmmaking

The Best of the 90s: Songs